Medical analyser of body composition Seca mBCA 515.
Doctors are perfectly aware that the body mass index (BMI) is not enough for a thorough assessment of health status and of body composition of the human being. What about the percentages of fat, muscle and water? They are important indicators of serious diseases.
This is the reason to design a product to measure body composition of the human being (Body Composition Analyzer = BCA) supplying all those values.
It is the first and only one in the world that has compared its measurement results with those of the scientific reference standard in clinical studies. For the first time, the amount of fat, the extracellular and intracellular fluid or the amount of skeletal muscle can be determined accurately with a single measurement that lasts less than 20 seconds
In addition, Seca mBCA features gold standard validation (Gold Standard), that differentiates between ethnicities and between normal ranges and abnormal body composition.
It includes PC software seca analytics mBCA 115. Besides transferring the results of the reviews of seca mBCA to your PC, it offers some key advantages as a module for assessing cardiometabolic risk of coronary heart disease or a therapy planner for the power module. Seca database. Save all patient data and reviews in a central database. Take the first step toward the records of the electronic patient file with PDMS integrated.
FM/FFM: Fat mass / fat free mass.
- Medically accurate assessment of fat mass and fat-free mass is particularly important when weight changes are monitored, especially in overweight or obese patients.
- Therefore, the development of fat mass is important for controlling weight in the areas of diabetology, clinical nutrition or general medicine.
- People with metabolic problems and insulin resistance, for example, lose water almost exclusively when they start treatments to reduce weight, which is why it is essential to assess fat mass individually to avoid misinterpretation.
- Interpretation of fat mass is also important in patients with poor nutrition, which can occur in various medical fields such as oncology, cardiology, nephrology, but also in psychology when it comes to nervous anorexia or bulimia.
- Another interesting area of application for evaluating or monitoring the fat mass is the field of sports medicine, especially when it comes to determining the level of fitness or to control training sessions.
SMM: Skeletal muscle mass.
- Measuring muscle mass is essential when weight changes are monitored in overweight or obese patients.
- It is important that most of the existing muscle mass is kept when weight is lost in situations of weight control, diabetology, cardiology, diet programmes in hospital nutrition and in general.
- Particularly malnourished patients in sarcopenic and cachectic states, which often occur in oncology, cardiology and nephrology, require an adequate amount of muscle mass to reduce morbidity and mortality. Sarcopenia and cachexia also occur in psychology in cases of bulimia or anorexia nervosa.
- Another interesting area of application to evaluate and monitor the muscle mass is the field of sports medicine when it comes to determining the level of fitness and to control training sessions, physical therapy and rehabilitation.
VAT: Visceral fat.
- The easy and quick assessment of visceral fat is an essential block to calculate the cardiometabolic risk.
- Therefore, it has become an established value especially for patients with overweight and obesity.
- The medical fields who seek to obtain the values of visceral fat are bariatrics, weight control, diabetology, hospital nutrition, cardiology and general medicine.
BCC: Body composition chart.
- The combination of fat mass and fat-free mass in a graphic chart – the body composition chart – is a simple but valuable approach to quickly determine the body composition of an individual.
- When body composition is measured over time, the body composition graph shows an overview of the factor that contributes to a weight change: fat mass or fat-free mass.
- Therefore, it is an essential tool for weight control, diabetology, cardiology, general practice or hospital nutrition when it comes to losing weight.
- In patients with malnutrition, for example in oncology, cardiology, nephrology, but also in psychology, when it comes to anorexia nervosa or bulimia, the body composition chart shows accurate and important information about changes in body composition information.
- It helps determine the level of fitness and control physiotherapy and rehabilitation procedures in sports medicine.
TBW/ECW: Total body water / Extracellular water
- Medically accurate assessment of total body water and extracellular water is essential in nephrology, since the dry weight is evaluated in a better way.
- The fluid distribution detects edema, which often occurs in cardiology and in other fields of internal medicine, as in patients with pneumonia or hepatorenal syndrome in nephrology, most of which require nutritional support.
- In sports medicine, fluid control is valuable to prevent dehydration and to maximise individual performance.
- Determining the body water also helps to understand situations of weight loss in weight control, diabetes, cardiology and general medicine, diseases in which large amounts of water are lost when diets start due to, for example, insulin resistance.
BIVA: Bioelectrical Impedance Vector Analysis
- Analysis of bioelectrical impedance vectors (AVIB) provides information on the amount of body fluids and the phase angle (marker of cell metabolism) simultaneously.
- Consequently, it assesses the state of hydration (which is useful in sports medicine), but also identifies patients with fluid overload, which usually occur in nephrology or cardiology.
- On the other hand, it displays information about the nutritional status and has proven to be valuable in weight control, diabetology, oncology, but also in psychology when it comes to anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
- In general practice, the readings of AVIB allow to categorize patients and to make hypotheses that can be verified with the specific additional testing.
PA: Phase angle
- The phase angle is correlated with the nutritional, functional and metabolic state of individuals.
- A healthy nutritional status and a healthy metabolism result in a high phase angle value.
- There is evidence that it shows the severity of the disease, especially in oncology, cardiology and nephrology, as well as in HIV.
- It is advisable to follow up the low phase angle results in young and apparently healthy patients with a differentiated diagnosis (blood tests, etc.)
- This is important in general practice for routine checkups, but also in sports medicine for the detection of exhaustion states.
- Given that low values of the phase angle are also correlated with poor nutrition, they are an important marker in psychology when it comes to anorexia nervosa, bulimia or in general clinical nutrition.
Energy: The energy module shows not only the absolute energy stored in the body but also the relative value of fat mass in relation to body weight. It can calculate both the energy consumption at rest, and the total one.
Fluid: The fluid module can calculate not only the TBW, but above all it can differentiate between extracellular and intracellular fluid. If the relationship between them is within the normal range, the patient is considered to be healthy. With the help of analysis of bioelectrical impedance vectors (BIVA), the status of patient fluids can be displayed in an understandable way through graphics.
Function / Rehabilitation: The module is used to determine the physical state as well as to evaluate the metabolic activity and the success of the training, for example in the context of rehabilitation or physiological therapy . Especially the Body Composition Chart (BCC), developed to depict the measurement points of the fat mass indices over a coordinate system.
Health risk: A prognosis for the patient's general health can be made with this module. The decisive factor is the phase angle, from which conclusions can be drawn about the condition of the body’s cells or the entire organism. This evaluation is shown in the BIVA. The module also determines fat mass index (FMI) and fat-free mass index (FFMI) and plots them in the BCC.
Development/Growth: The module Development/Growth allows monitoring weight changes, as the patient’s weight, height and BMI are graphically represented for each measurement.
Raw impedance data: The Raw impedance data module reports the results of the Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis in raw data form so that they can be used for clinical studies. The data include impedance, phase angle, resistance, and reactance.
Assessment of cardiometabolic risk of coronary diseases (with software): It considers whether there is a metabolic syndrome and assesses the risk of coronary heart disease. The so-called risk markers determine the percentage risk and analyse the risk factors for cardiovascular diseases based on a point rating system.
- Medical accuracy of all measurement results proven in various ethnic groups.
- The handrail helps to stand and provides a secure grip while the grip electrodes check contact for reliable measurement. The hand position is preset to obtain valid and reproducible results.
- Weighing platform made of safety glass. It can weigh up to 300 kg patients in a safe and reliable way. The design almost at ground level enables the patient to get on easily.
- Wireless. Supports wireless network technology seca 360º .
- Touch screen 8.4 ". You can rotate the screen 360º wherever and whenever you want.
- Measurement in 17 seconds. You can analyse and interpret data immediately and therefore you will not waste time in diagnosing a patient.
- Through a USB stick, cable or wireless data transmission, you can save and process all measurement data. With just a few clicks, you can send all the results to your electronic medical record (EMR).
- FM/FFM: Fat mass/fat free mass
- SMM: Skeletal muscle mass
- VAT: Visceral fat
- BCC: Body composition chart
- TBW/ECW: Total body water / Extracellular water
- BIVA: Bioelectrical impedance vectors analysis
- PA: Phase angle
- Capacity: 300 Kg
- Graduation: 50 g
- Calibration class: III
- Size (L x W x H): 976 x 828 x 1251 mm
- Display: Touch screen 8.4" swivelling 360º
- Interfaces: 360º wireless (Radiofrequency), USB 2.0, Ethernet
- Measuring method: 8 point bioelectrical impedance analysis
- Measuring electrical current: 100 µA
- Measuring time in normal mode: max. 20 seconds