Heat detector for mares and cows. The electronic detector allows the farmer to determine the exact time during the estrous cycle in which ovulation occurs.
Recording changes in electrical resistance in the vaginal mucosa, the farmer has the possibility to determine the symptons that signal the approach of ovulation.
The estrous detector, apart from determining the best time for mating, can also be used to confirm early gestation (from 19 to 23 days after mating). In case the female is not pregnant , the device will detect next estrous that appears in the ensuing days.
The completion of the measurements is easy and involves inserting the probe, finished with two electrodes, in the vagina of the animal and reading the results.
To detect estrous and early pregnancy is needed one or two measurements daily for several subsequent days.
- Facilitates the determination of the optimal term for female mating with atypical estrous cycle
- Allows detection of estrous without symptoms (called silent estrous)
- Improves the efficiency of the insemination of females
- Improves economic performance of farms
- Easy cleaning and disinfection
- Waterproof housing
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Weight: 415 g (with the battery)
- Dimensions: 52,0 x 7,0 x 17,0 cm
- Probe length: 42,5 cm
- Power 1 x battery 9 V, type 6F-22
- Automatic flat battery indicator
- Power consumption: approx. 18 mA
- Metering control microcomputer system
- Approximate time of continous work of a battery: approx. 22 h
- LCD screen, 3.5''
- Measuring range: 0-1990 units
- Resolution of indications: 10 units
- Recommended operating temperature 0°C to 50°C
- Recommended storage temperature 5°C to 45°C
- Heat detector
- 1 x battery type 6F-22, 9V
- Multipurpose transport box