- The diode laser is a semiconductor laser.
- This unit operates with GaAlAs diode bars with a wavelength of 1064 nm.
Laser therapy for treatment of nail fungus (Onychomycosis) and plantar warts.
What are nail fungus?
- Nail fungus also known as onychomycosis, tinea unguium or nail infection.
- It is the most common disease of nails and constitutes half of the alterations that occur in that area.
How does the treatment of nail fungus with 1064nm work?
- The 1064nm laser is a safe, fast and effective method for fungal toenails or onychomycosis treatment.
- This laser is a novel and effective way to treat this unsightly infection.
- Unlike other treatments, the laser has no known side effects.
- It is a safe and effective method.
- The photothermal effect affects the cellular metabolism and when the temperature increases (42°C), it attacks the cell components.
- Experts claim that this photochemical effect affects enzymes and proteins of fungal cells.
- The structure of the lipids of cell membranes changes (and their role to protect and regulate the internal environment of the cell is threatened), killing the fungus and whitening nails.
- The infection can be removed in one or two sessions, but it depends on its severity.
- The results are not seen immediately. However, about 8 weeks after starting the treatment, you can begin to appreciate the growth of a healthy nail.
- If this were not the case, another session can be done.
- The third session will take place about 8 weeks after the second one, and only if the infection is very persistent.
- The results will be fully visible over a period of nine months to a year.
- This is a precise medical laser device and can only be used for podiatric medical application.
- To prevent eye injuries, safety goggles should be worn in the treatment room.
- Read the operating instructions carefully before using the equipment.
- Laser type: Diode laser GaAlAs
- Wavelength: 1064 nm
- Maximum power: 10W
- Operation mode: CW, simple or repeated pulse
- Pulse duration: 10us-3s
- Repetition rate: 0.2 Hz – 20 KHz
- Red diode laser beam: 635 nm, Power < 5 mW
- Screen: Colour touch
- Voltage/current: AC 110/220V, 5A, 50/60 Hz
- Laser class: 4
- Safety classification: Class I type B
- Cooling: Air
- Fuse: T 250V 5A
- Dimensions: 31 x 22 x 26 cm.
- Weight: 4 kg
- Waterproof level: IPX1
- Pedal waterproof level: IPX8
- Safety compliance: CE 0197
- Fibre cable 200 µm.
- Fibre cable 400 µm.
- Fibre cable cutter.
- Fibre cable peeler.
- 2 goggles.
- Safety shutter or blocking.
- Handpiece for onychomycosis.
- Surgery handpiece with 4 interchangeable tips (suitable for plantar warts treatment).
- Transport suitcase.
- Power cable.
- Directive CE 93/42 Medical Devices.