Fully Automatic Defibrillator AED CardiAid
*Please bear in mind that in some countries it is not allowed to use automatic defibrillators in ambulances.
For any other language or questions, please contact us.
Sudden cardiac arrest can strike anyone, anywhere, anytime. In most cases, there are no previous symptoms. In event of a sudden cardiac arrest, it is essential to practice CPR and early defibrillation to increase the chances of survival. An immediate treatment is basic because the chances of survival decrease by 10% every minute without defibrillation performed.
Authorities recommend defibrillation as soon as possible, if possible between 3 and 5 minutes after the arrest, it is possible that health professionals may not arrive in time. This justifies the need for anyone wishing to render assistance to be able to apply early defibrillation in the same place and within the first few minutes.
The fully automatic external defibrillator CardiAid AED is an easy to use device that is specifically designed for an accessible way to treat, until professional help arrives.
- It can be used by anyone with basic knowledge in Basic Life Support and AED.
- Automatically turns on when you open the cover.
- Diagnose cardiac arrhythmias with potential danger of "sudden death" caused by ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
- Applies a shock of electric shock in a span of 1-2 minutes.
- Never applies a shock if not required.
- It guides the user at all times with clear verbal and visual instructions prepared following the guidelines on resuscitation of ILCOR 2010 ERC.
- It delivers the most efficient electric shock in biphasic waveform.
- Assists the user during cardiopulmonary resuscitation by verbal instructions and audible signals at regular intervals with the appropriate frequency for a greater efficiency.
- CardiAid performs a self-test daily, monthly or whenever the device cover is open.
- Prewired electrodes.
- Motion detection.
- Documentation, recording and automatic event logs.
- Special accessories which provide security, ease of use and better performance.
- Operating mode: Automated
- Wave Form: Biphasic, current-based
- Energy delivery: Adjusted to patient impedance, programmable, low energy (max. 181J) or low energy (max 237 J).
- Shock sequence: Constant or escalating, programmable (factory settings)
- Charging time: Typically <10 seconds, maximum <15 seconds
ECG Analysis System
- Analysis Time: Typically <10 seconds
- Lead: II
- Asystole threshold: <0.2 mV
- Specificity NSR / Asystole: >95
- Sensitivity VF / pVT: >90
- Reaction to implanted pacemaker: Normal cardiac pacemaker rhythms are not detected as shockable.
- Impedance measuring: The electrode contacts are checked.
- Movement detection: Signal quality is checked, gives acoustic warning at patient movement.
- Automatic switch-on when the cover is opened
- Info-button: Announcement of the elapsed time and number of shocks since device started.
- Display elements: Self-explanatory illuminated symbols (traffic light principle)
- Range of application: Adults or youngsters >20kg
- Delivery status: Disposable, self-adhesive, single-use electrodes; ready-to-use sealed and packed with connector outside pouch
- Polarisation: Not polarised
- Electrode surface: 125 cm2 each
- Cable length: 130 cm
- Event documentation: Automatic recording of ECG and event data in internal memory up to 4 sessions with a total maximum duration of 4 hours.
- Data transfer: Bluetooth (only for authorized service providers).
- Event review and device programming: Via Bluetooth connection to PC with CardiAid Monitor Software (only for authorized service providers).
Self – Test
- Schedule: Automatic; daily, monthly or when device is opened
- Timing: Programmable (factory setting)
- Scope: Battery, electronics, software, charging
- Type: Alkaline battery
- Monitoring capacity: Up to 20 hours
- Storage and transport: 0ºC to 50ºC, -20ºC to 60ºC (maximum 2 weeks without battery or electrodes)
- Operation: 0ºC to 50ºC and relative humidity: 0-95%
- Device class: II B (93/42(EEC)
- EN60601-1:1998 +A1:1991 +A2:1995
- EN60601-1-2:2001 +A1:2004
- EN60601-1-4:1996 +A1:1999
- Resuscitation protocol: ERC, ILCOR 2005
- EN55011:1998 +A1:1999 +A2:2002
- Protection class: IEC 529, IPX4 (splash proof)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions: 301 x 304 x 112mm
Weight: 3.1 kg (including battery and electrodes)
- Automatic CardiAid
- Protection case
- Pre-connected electrodes
- Emergency kit:
- Plastic bag for emergency
- Razor to shave
- Alcohol pad