Vertical electrophoresis is a technique using polyacrylamide gels (PAGE) for separation of different molecules based on their molecular weight and electric charge. It is therefore a useful technique in research laboratories for analysis of nucleic acids and proteins because it allows separate and identify components of a cell extract, and combined with other techniques can detect abnormalities such as molecular or analyze the increase or decrease the synthesis of a protein as a result of certain treatment. The vertical electrophoresis chamber presents platinum electrodes corrosion resistant and has everything necessary for the preparation and electrophoresis gels of dimensions 82×82 mm:
- Bucket or external tank made of high quality acrylic material and in one piece without seams to prevent fluid leakage and breakage.
- Support gels: in the same medium is performed PCR and subsequent gel electrophoresis of minimizing handling and work easier and faster.
- Flat glass plates and glass plates and spacers fixed formatted 1 or 1.5 mm thick for the preparation and electrophoresis gels.
- Game combs 10 and 15 wells for gels of 1 and 1.5 mm thick.
- Thick plate glass used in case of performing a single electrophoresis gel.
- Compatible with power supply and transfer module.
|No-gels! 1 or 2|
|Dimensional gel||82×82 mm|
|No. samples||10 to 15 gel|
|Glass-plate size! 102×85 mm|
|Volume sun. Buffer||750 mL|
|Electrophoresis-time! 45-60 min (200 V)|
|Tray dimensions (LxWxH)||150x140x100 mm|