3M™ Littmann® Cardiology IV™ stethoscopes have been designed for clinicians who require superior quality and exceptional versatility. Its innovating design offers a single-piece double-frequency membrane.
- Outstanding acoustics with better audibility of high-frequency sounds (adult side, firm pressure).
- Tunable diaphragm: Hear high or low frequency sounds by slightly adjusting pressure on the chestpiece.
- Dual-lumen tubing combines two sound paths in one tube, eliminating the rubbing noise of traditional double tubes.
- Next-generation tubing lasts longer and resists stains. Not made with natural rubber latex or phthalate plasticizers.
- Headset is easily adjusted for individual fit and comfort. Angled eartubes align with ear canals.
- Chestpiece finish: Stainless steel
- Binaural construction: Double Lumen
- Diaphragm diameter: 4.3 cm
- Small diaphragm diameter: 3.3 cm
- Length: 69 cm
- Diaphragm material: Epoxy / Fiberglass
- Headset material: Wide diameter aerospace alloy / Anodized aluminum
- Model: Cardiology IV™
- Chestpiece weight: 87 g
- Net weight: 177 g
- Specialties: Anaesthesist, cardiologist, emergency department, internal medicine, Medicine students, nurses, pediatricians, doctors, respiratory system specialists.
- Acoustic performance: 9
- Diaphragm type: Single-piece membrane
- Eartip type: Soft sealing
- Accessories included: small and large soft-sealing eartips, large firm eartips, nin-chill bell sleeve and instructions.
About 3M Littman Cardiology IV stethoscopes:
The 3M™ Littmann® Cardiology IV™ Stethoscope is the next generation of one of the most recognized stethoscopes in the profession.
It offers an improved acoustic performance with better audibility of high-frequency sounds (adult side, firm pressure). Its distinctive tunable diaphragm offers an outstanding acoustic performance, diagnostic versatility, and convenience for treating adult and pediatric patients. The pediatric side of the chestpiece converts to a traditional open bell by removing the tunable diaphragm and replacing it with the included non-chill bell sleeve. Both the adult and pediatric sides of the chestpiece have single-piece diaphragms that are easy to remove, attach and clean because the surfaces are smooth and without crevices.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This feature allows the clinician to focus on the patient.
Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. The soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove. Dual-lumen tubing eliminates the rubbing noise that traditional double tubes create. This feature makes it possible for the clinician to hear patient sounds with less interference. Next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol.
Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive clinicians and their patients.
The Cardiology IV stethoscope isn’t just for cardiologists. It is used by specialists and general practice physicians, critical care nurses, EMTs, medical students, and other healthcare professionals to identify, listen to, and study cardiac, lung, and other body sounds in adult and pediatric patients.