Garmin Heart Rate Monitor Forerunner 220
Colourful running companion with connected features.
- GPS running watch with high-resolution colour display.
- Tracks distance, paceand heart rate (in References 980-0100114741 and 980-0100114740).
- Identifies personal records.
- Connected features (when connecting with compatible iPhone®): automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, live tracking, social media sharing.
- Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect.
Just like a coach, Forerunner 220 provides the motivating feedback you need to guide your training:
- You can even get post-run encouragement from friends and fans, thanks to the 220´s connected features like real-time live tracking and social media sharing via the Garmin Connect Mobile™ app.
A coach in every watch:
- Forerunner 220 measures essential running data like distance, pace and heart rate (in References 980-0100114741 and 980-0100114740). It´s like having a coach on hand, providing constant feedback and recording all your stats so you can focus on your run.
- In addition to using GPS to calculate distance and pace, the 220 has an built-in accelerometer. This allows it to capture distance and pace data when you´re running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory.
- The accelerometer can also track distance when GPS is unavailable, such as when you run through a tunnel.
- It’s compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect™, which you can schedule and send to your watch, for real-time coaching.
Easy to use:
- The 220 is one of the first Garmin running watches to have a colour display, which makes it easy to interpret your data at a glance.
- It also features simple button operations and a sturdy, hinged wristband that’s comfortable for any size wrist.
Extra training features:
- You can set up alerts for heart rate, pace or run/walk intervals to help you stay in the desired range.
- The 220 features vibration alerts and audible alerts, and you can customise your watch to provide both or just one type of prompt.
- When your run’s done and saved in your watch’s history, a post-run summary appears so you can see how you did.
- The 220 also notices if you hit any personal records on that run, like your fastest kilometre, 5k, 10k, half or full marathon or your longest run to date.
- If you’re like most runners, you want to analyse your stats after your run or race, but you may not be back at your computer right away. Forerunner® 220 solves that by automatically uploading your data to Garmin Connect, our free online community where you can save, plan and share your activities. Just download the free Garmin Connect Mobile app to your smartphone (compatible with iPhone 4s and newer models and Android in the first quater of 2014)and then pair your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload to Garmin Connect when you’re in range of your phone.
- Additional connected features include live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real-time. You must have your phone paired with the 220 throughout your run to use the LiveTrack feature. You can also share your victories on your social media sites by posting updates through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. And, for real-time coaching as you run, the 220 is compatible with free training plans at Garmin Connect. By regularly connecting your watch to Garmin Connect, you'll also benefit from a faster GPS fix due to satellite data that will be sent to your device automatically.
Psysical and performance:
|Psysical dimensions (Width/Height/Depth)||4.5 x 4.5 x 1.2 cm|
|Display size (Width/Height)||Diameter 2.5 x 2.5 cm|
|Display resolution (Width/Height)||180 x 180 pixels|
|Battery life||Up to 6 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in training mode|
Yes (50 m)
Maps and memory:
|Possibility to add maps||No|
|Admits data cards||No|
|Activity history||1.000 laps|
Features and advantages:
|Heart rate monitor||Yes (some versions)|
|Bike speed/cadence sensor||No|
|Automatic sync (automatically transfers exercise sessions to the equipment)||Yes|
|Compatible with Garmin Connect™ (connected community to analyze, categorize and share data)|| |
|Virtual Partner® (competition with former exercise sessions)||No|
|Virtual Racer™ (compete with your former activities)||No|
|Distance (competition with fomer exercise sessions)||No|
|Auto Pause (the timer pauses and resumes based on speed)||Yes|
|Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)||Yes|
|Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)||Yes|
|Multi-sports (automatically changes sports mode at the touch of a button)||No|
|Advanced exercise sessions (create custom, goal-oriented exercise sessions)||Yes|
|Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)||Yes|
|Time and distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach your goal)||No|
|Vibration alert (choose between alert tone and/or vibration)||Yes|
|Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)||Yes|
|Calculates calories burned based on heart rate||Yes|
|Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic capacity)||No|
|Unit to unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)||No|
|Compatible with power meters (displays power data from power meters ANT™ + Sport from third parties)|| |
|Temperature (displays and records temperature during workout)||No|
|Sports watch|| |
V0₂ max estimate: no
Recovery control: no
Race prediction: no
Running dynamics: no
Watch functions include date and alarm.
Run/walk feature: yes
- Ref. 980-0100114711: white and purple.
- Ref. 980-0100114710: black and red.
- Ref. 980-0100114741: white and purple with HRM.
- Ref. 980-0100114740: black and red with HRM.
Forerunner 220 GPS watch comes in two different versions:
Refs. 980-0100114711 and 980-0100114710:
- GPS Forerunner 220
- Charging/data cradle
- Quick start manual
Refs. 980-0100114741 and 980-0100114740:
- Forerunner 220 GPS watch
- Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor
- Charging/data cradle
- Quick Start manual