Mini male skeleton 85 cm designed as a visual aid for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. It helps the students to understand the relationship between human body figure and skeleton. It can also be used for studying the morphology of bones and the construction of joints.
An adult male skeleton, is set in a standing posture (hyoid bone and ear ossicles are not represented.)
The joints of the upper and lower extremities are movable.
Made of PVC plastic.
- Skull: composed of 22 pieces of bones with serrated sutures lines. Calvarium is transversely cut to show the interior structures of the skull. Mandible is movable.
- Vertebral column: composed of 7 cervical vertebrae,12 thoracic vertebrae and 5 lumbar vertebrae, a piece of sacrum, a piece of coccyx and 23 intervertebral discs. The vertebral column shows four curvatures, i.e. cervical and lumbar curvatures, being convex forward, thoracic and sacral curvature, being convex backward.
- Bony thorax: composed of 24 ribs, a piece of costal cartilages and a piece of sternum. It includes 7 pairs (1-7) of true ribs, 3 pairs (8-10) of false ribs and 2 pairs (11 – 12) of floating ribs.
- Bony pelvis: composed of sacrum, coccyx and two pieces of hip bones.
- Bones of upper extremities: composed of 64 bones.The pectoral girdle (scapula and clavicle) are fixed on the bony thorax. The main joints (shoulder, elbow and wrist) are movable.
- Bones of lower extremities: composed of 62 bones. The pelvic girdle (hip bone) is fixed to construct the bony pelvis. The remaining parts of the lower extremities can be taken down. The main joints (hip, knee and ankle) are movable.