Stages of cartilage interventeral prolapse and vertebral degeneration
The model shows degenerative changes of the vertebral bodies and intervertebral discs of the lumbar spine in different stages. The bony structures are carefully reproduced to be equal to the original human lumbar vertebrae.
From top to bottom are shown the following states:
• healthy intervertebral disc
• Lumbar vertebra (LI) without degenerative changes
• Intervertebral disc with protrusion
• Lumbar vertebra (LII) with early degenerative changes
• internal prolapsed intervertebral disc
• Lumbar vertebra (LIII) with advanced degenerative changes
• prolapsed intervertebral disc right intraforaminal
• Lumbar vertebra (LIV) with marked degenerative changes and bony narrowing of the left foramen
• narrow intervertebral disc
• lumbar vertebra (LV) with marked degenerative changes and bony narrowing of the left foramen with compression of the L5 spinal nerve root left.
The model was dismantled in vertebral bodies and intervertebral discs.
Provision and support.